- 12 Lb Turkey (Thawed)
- Noni’s Garlic Rosemary Olive Oil
- 6 tbls Noni’s Italian Rub
- Small Cooler/Bucket with lid for Brining
- Aluminum Foil
- 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- Kosher Salt
Prep Time: 15 minutes Brine Time: Overnight
Pellets: Premium Fruitwood Cook Time: 8-10 hours
LET’S GET STARTED
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey, place in cooler covering turkey in water.
- Remove turkey and add ¼ cup salt for every 1 gallon of water used. Submerge turkey in brine overnight. Weight turkey down if needed.
- Remove turkey from brine, pat dry with paper towels.
- Place wooden spoon beneath the skin to loosen the skin from the turkey flesh around the entire breast of the bird.
- Create a wet rub using 3 tbls Noni’s Italian Seasoning, 6 cloves minced garlic and Noni’s Garlic Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Rub a generous amount directly on the breast of the bird under skin, using remaining rub and coat entire bird.
- Preheat smoker to 150 degrees, place turkey, directly in smoker, breast side up.
- In a bowl add Noni’s Rosemary and Garlic Olive Oil with the remainder of Noni’s Italian Seasoning and ¼ cup water. Baste entire turkey. Repeat every hour for duration of cooking.
- After 2 hours of smoke, raise temperature to 190 degrees. Continue cooking till bird is dark golden brown. Transfer to pan and tent with foil for the remainder of the cooking time. To test for doneness, place meat thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey breast until it hits the bone then back out from the bone about ½ inch.
- When thermometer reads 165 degrees, remove turkey from grill, cover with foil and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Carve and serve!
Loosening the skin on the turkey
Rubbin' down the turkey
What is should look like
During the smokin'
Make sure to join our club for recipe updates, discounts and new product announcements!