Rib Eye Reverse Seared
- Rib Eye Steak(s) 1 ½” thick
- Melted butter
- Smokin’ 208 BBQ Rub
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour smoke 160°F, 5 minutes sear
Let’s Get Started
- Brush both sides of the steak(s) with butter and season lightly with rub.
- Smoke for one hour at 160° to open the meat pores and build genuine wood flavor.
- Remove the steak(s) from the grill and turn it up to 425°.
- When the grill reaches temperature, put the steak(s) back on for 2.5 minutes. Turn 90° and grill for another 2.5 minutes. Flip the steak(s) and do the same thing on the other side. Remove from the grill at the safe internal temperature you prefer, keeping in mind that the steak will continue to cook, and the internal temperature will rise another 3°-8° degrees after you take it off the grill.
We premade a seasoned butter (mixed butter and Noni's Italian Rub), put it on plastic wrap then rolled it into a roll and refrigerated overnight. Then, we simple cut a few small pieces and put onto of the steak as we take them off. YUM!